May 18, 2010, 10:20 AM EST
Jenrry Mejia isn’t the only pitcher getting stretched out in preparation of more optimal use. The Cubs have moved Carlos Zambrano off his setup job — which he hasn’t done particularly well — and into long relief, presumably in preparation for a return to the rotation.
“Look, we thought the outcome would be a little different, and he’s not
as comfortable in the bullpen pitching short,” manager Lou Piniella
said of the move.
I’m fairly certain that Lou Piniella is the only person who thought this move would work out any differently.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)