May 18, 2010, 10:01 AM EDT
I saw D.J.’s post about it last night, but as I went to sleep I was of a mind that Hanley Ramirez’s little boot play in shallow left field was some ambiguous injury-related thing. Based on the video of Ramirez lollygagging after the ball, however, there can be no doubt that Fredi Gonazlez did the right thing in benching him.
You can’t let a superstar get away with that. There are too many young guys on the team that will — and, all things being equal, should — follow his example.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 82
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 69
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 43
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)