May 18, 2010, 10:01 AM EDT
I saw D.J.’s post about it last night, but as I went to sleep I was of a mind that Hanley Ramirez’s little boot play in shallow left field was some ambiguous injury-related thing. Based on the video of Ramirez lollygagging after the ball, however, there can be no doubt that Fredi Gonazlez did the right thing in benching him.
You can’t let a superstar get away with that. There are too many young guys on the team that will — and, all things being equal, should — follow his example.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 5
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 8
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 7
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)