May 18, 2010, 10:01 AM EDT
I saw D.J.’s post about it last night, but as I went to sleep I was of a mind that Hanley Ramirez’s little boot play in shallow left field was some ambiguous injury-related thing. Based on the video of Ramirez lollygagging after the ball, however, there can be no doubt that Fredi Gonazlez did the right thing in benching him.
You can’t let a superstar get away with that. There are too many young guys on the team that will — and, all things being equal, should — follow his example.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)