May 19, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Jon Heyman on the Mets’ managerial situation:
If Manuel goes, the Mets will almost assuredly hire Bob Melvin,
the ex-Diamondbacks manager who’s been serving as a Mets’ scout, to
replace him. And it’s probably not a good sign for Manuel that everyone
seems to know this.
Heyman is pretty plugged in with the Mets, so he’s probably right about this. And he made a good argument last month about why, irrespective of what people are talking about, it makes sense that the Mets would install Melvin (at least why it makes sense to the Wilpons).
Valentine has star power. So much that I keep forgetting all the reasons why he doesn’t make practical sense for the Mets. It’s totally Melvin if and when Manuel goes.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)