May 19, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Authorities say a homeless who said he was looking for the fastest
route to a concession stand was arrested after walking onto the outfield
during a minor league baseball game in Pennsylvania.
Township police say they’ll file criminal trespass, disorderly conduct
and public drunkenness charges against 24-year-old Tyrone Squires over
Tuesday night’s incident. Police say Squires is from Massachusetts but
has no permanent address.
Police say Squires lowered himself
over a fence and onto the field during the bottom of the ninth inning
during an Altoona Curve game against the Akron Aeros.
(1) How can a homeless man afford ballpark concessions? Even double-A beer is like $6 a cup; and
(2) How was this man subdued without a thorough tasing? We had no idea what his intentions were until after the fact!
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (83)