May 19, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Authorities say a homeless who said he was looking for the fastest
route to a concession stand was arrested after walking onto the outfield
during a minor league baseball game in Pennsylvania.
Township police say they’ll file criminal trespass, disorderly conduct
and public drunkenness charges against 24-year-old Tyrone Squires over
Tuesday night’s incident. Police say Squires is from Massachusetts but
has no permanent address.
Police say Squires lowered himself
over a fence and onto the field during the bottom of the ninth inning
during an Altoona Curve game against the Akron Aeros.
(1) How can a homeless man afford ballpark concessions? Even double-A beer is like $6 a cup; and
(2) How was this man subdued without a thorough tasing? We had no idea what his intentions were until after the fact!
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 65
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 120
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)