May 19, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Authorities say a homeless who said he was looking for the fastest
route to a concession stand was arrested after walking onto the outfield
during a minor league baseball game in Pennsylvania.
Township police say they’ll file criminal trespass, disorderly conduct
and public drunkenness charges against 24-year-old Tyrone Squires over
Tuesday night’s incident. Police say Squires is from Massachusetts but
has no permanent address.
Police say Squires lowered himself
over a fence and onto the field during the bottom of the ninth inning
during an Altoona Curve game against the Akron Aeros.
(1) How can a homeless man afford ballpark concessions? Even double-A beer is like $6 a cup; and
(2) How was this man subdued without a thorough tasing? We had no idea what his intentions were until after the fact!
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)