May 19, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Authorities say a homeless who said he was looking for the fastest
route to a concession stand was arrested after walking onto the outfield
during a minor league baseball game in Pennsylvania.
Township police say they’ll file criminal trespass, disorderly conduct
and public drunkenness charges against 24-year-old Tyrone Squires over
Tuesday night’s incident. Police say Squires is from Massachusetts but
has no permanent address.
Police say Squires lowered himself
over a fence and onto the field during the bottom of the ninth inning
during an Altoona Curve game against the Akron Aeros.
(1) How can a homeless man afford ballpark concessions? Even double-A beer is like $6 a cup; and
(2) How was this man subdued without a thorough tasing? We had no idea what his intentions were until after the fact!
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 104
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 32
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 259
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (259)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (105)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)