May 19, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore slid awkwardly this past Sunday, had an MRI on his left knee today, and it turns out that his owie is more serious than was initially realized.
Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer reports that Sizemore has a deep bone bruise and is likely to have surgery. Sizemore has been placed on the DL, and the Tribe has called up Shelley Duncan from Columbus to take his place on the roster.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 30
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 62
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)