May 19, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore slid awkwardly this past Sunday, had an MRI on his left knee today, and it turns out that his owie is more serious than was initially realized.
Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer reports that Sizemore has a deep bone bruise and is likely to have surgery. Sizemore has been placed on the DL, and the Tribe has called up Shelley Duncan from Columbus to take his place on the roster.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)