May 19, 2010, 9:51 PM EST
Top prospect Stephen Strasburg continued his dominance at the Triple-A level on Wednesday evening, fanning nine batters over 6 1/3 scoreless innings against a group of Twins minor leaguers. The stats come compliments of the Nationals’ official Twitter feed.
Strasburg has now fired 18 1/3 scoreless innings since being promoted to Triple-A Syracuse from Double-A Harrisburg and may be only two or three starts away from his big league debut. The 21-year-old allowed only three hits Wednesday and threw 60 of his 92 pitches for strikes.
Of course, the only reason he remains in the minor leagues is so the Nats can avoid him reaching Super Two status. The strategy should save the club millions in the long-run, but it’s pretty apparent that Strasburg is ready for greater competition.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)