May 19, 2010, 11:16 AM EST
The Globe’s Nick Cafardo defends Red Sox GM Theo Epstein for going to see Pearl Jam on Monday night rather than watching the Red Sox-Yankees game. I agree with Cafardo’s defenses: Theo works insane hours, he always has his Blackberry anyway, and while the season isn’t going how everyone wanted it to, it’s not like Epstein hasn’t been doing his job. Dude deserves to go to a show once in a while, doesn’t he?
The only question I have is who was actually criticizing Epstein over this? I value my brain cells so I don’t listen to Boston talk radio, but were people actually considering this to be some sort of issue? I’d wager $10,000 that Theo Epstein works more hours and is better at his job than every single person who considered this to be a legitimate problem.
And here I thought people would ignore Red Sox minutiae until the Celtics season was over.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)