May 19, 2010, 11:16 AM EST
The Globe’s Nick Cafardo defends Red Sox GM Theo Epstein for going to see Pearl Jam on Monday night rather than watching the Red Sox-Yankees game. I agree with Cafardo’s defenses: Theo works insane hours, he always has his Blackberry anyway, and while the season isn’t going how everyone wanted it to, it’s not like Epstein hasn’t been doing his job. Dude deserves to go to a show once in a while, doesn’t he?
The only question I have is who was actually criticizing Epstein over this? I value my brain cells so I don’t listen to Boston talk radio, but were people actually considering this to be some sort of issue? I’d wager $10,000 that Theo Epstein works more hours and is better at his job than every single person who considered this to be a legitimate problem.
And here I thought people would ignore Red Sox minutiae until the Celtics season was over.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 57
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 223
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (226)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)