May 19, 2010, 11:16 AM EDT
The Globe’s Nick Cafardo defends Red Sox GM Theo Epstein for going to see Pearl Jam on Monday night rather than watching the Red Sox-Yankees game. I agree with Cafardo’s defenses: Theo works insane hours, he always has his Blackberry anyway, and while the season isn’t going how everyone wanted it to, it’s not like Epstein hasn’t been doing his job. Dude deserves to go to a show once in a while, doesn’t he?
The only question I have is who was actually criticizing Epstein over this? I value my brain cells so I don’t listen to Boston talk radio, but were people actually considering this to be some sort of issue? I’d wager $10,000 that Theo Epstein works more hours and is better at his job than every single person who considered this to be a legitimate problem.
And here I thought people would ignore Red Sox minutiae until the Celtics season was over.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (115)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)