May 19, 2010, 11:16 AM EDT
The Globe’s Nick Cafardo defends Red Sox GM Theo Epstein for going to see Pearl Jam on Monday night rather than watching the Red Sox-Yankees game. I agree with Cafardo’s defenses: Theo works insane hours, he always has his Blackberry anyway, and while the season isn’t going how everyone wanted it to, it’s not like Epstein hasn’t been doing his job. Dude deserves to go to a show once in a while, doesn’t he?
The only question I have is who was actually criticizing Epstein over this? I value my brain cells so I don’t listen to Boston talk radio, but were people actually considering this to be some sort of issue? I’d wager $10,000 that Theo Epstein works more hours and is better at his job than every single person who considered this to be a legitimate problem.
And here I thought people would ignore Red Sox minutiae until the Celtics season was over.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 66
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 25
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 95
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)