May 20, 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
NBC’s own TIffany Simons interviewed Kevin Youkilis, asking him about his offseason workout habits (none); his superstitions (some very inconsistent ones), his batting stance role model (Eric Davis), his charity (a good one), white wine (“um, I guess it goes with fish”), and the taunts he gets at Yankee Stadium (“I get a lot of ‘you suck'”).
It’s a great interview, but there is a troubling segment. I’m speaking of Tiffany’s arguably mocking questions to Youkilis about his bald head. I say troubling because in the not too distant future I’m going to start doing video segments on this here blog, and those video segments will have me teaming up with Ms. Simons. I’m gonna be honest kids: I’m sensing some serious anti-bald sentiment from her, and if she brings any of that noise in my follically-challenged direction, I’m going to insist on a co-host with more sympathy to the chrome-domed cause. Like, say, that chick from the first Star Trek movie.
Wait? What? She’s dead? Aw, bummer. OK, Tiffany, you’re off the hook for now. But I’ll be watching closely. In the meantime, enjoy the Youkilis interview.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)