May 20, 2010, 3:13 PM EST
NBC’s own TIffany Simons interviewed Kevin Youkilis, asking him about his offseason workout habits (none); his superstitions (some very inconsistent ones), his batting stance role model (Eric Davis), his charity (a good one), white wine (“um, I guess it goes with fish”), and the taunts he gets at Yankee Stadium (“I get a lot of ‘you suck'”).
It’s a great interview, but there is a troubling segment. I’m speaking of Tiffany’s arguably mocking questions to Youkilis about his bald head. I say troubling because in the not too distant future I’m going to start doing video segments on this here blog, and those video segments will have me teaming up with Ms. Simons. I’m gonna be honest kids: I’m sensing some serious anti-bald sentiment from her, and if she brings any of that noise in my follically-challenged direction, I’m going to insist on a co-host with more sympathy to the chrome-domed cause. Like, say, that chick from the first Star Trek movie.
Wait? What? She’s dead? Aw, bummer. OK, Tiffany, you’re off the hook for now. But I’ll be watching closely. In the meantime, enjoy the Youkilis interview.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 7
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)