Kevin Youkilis: "I get a lot of 'you suck'"

May 20, 2010, 3:13 PM EST

NBC’s own TIffany Simons interviewed Kevin Youkilis, asking him about his offseason workout habits (none); his superstitions (some very inconsistent ones), his batting stance role model (Eric Davis), his charity (a good one), white wine (“um, I guess it goes with fish”), and the taunts he gets at Yankee Stadium (“I get a lot of ‘you suck'”).

It’s a great interview, but there is a troubling segment. I’m speaking of Tiffany’s arguably mocking questions to Youkilis about his bald head. I say troubling because in the not too distant future I’m going to start doing video segments on this here blog, and those video segments will have me teaming up with Ms. Simons.  I’m gonna be honest kids: I’m sensing some serious anti-bald sentiment from her, and if she brings any of that noise in my follically-challenged direction, I’m going to insist on a co-host with more sympathy to the chrome-domed cause. Like, say, that chick from the first Star Trek movie.

Wait? What? She’s dead?  Aw, bummer. OK, Tiffany, you’re off the hook for now. But I’ll be watching closely. In the meantime, enjoy the Youkilis interview.

1. Darryl - May 20, 2010 at 3:49 PM

CC – I think you might be just a little hyper-sensitive there, big guy! As a fellow chrome-domer, I think she shows the proper amount of respect.

2. Craig Calcaterra - May 20, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Bald is so beautiful, Darryl, that I don’t think any amount of respect is quite enough.

3. ThatsSoTaguchi - May 20, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Is white whine what liberals do on behalf of minorities or what conservatives do when confronted with the existence of said minorities?

4. Richard Dansky - May 20, 2010 at 4:01 PM

I’m sensing a Nyjer Morgan-approved Elvis wig in your future.

5. scatterbrian - May 20, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Natalie Portman, V for Vendetta
    Youk never did strike me as a whine drinker…

6. Evan - May 20, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Bah,
    I spend $20 every 1.5 months on a haircut, and that’s a local barber. You guys probably save between $160 and $400 per year thanks to your cue balls!

7. That Guy - May 20, 2010 at 4:21 PM

She just wanted a reason to touch his head. Mission accomplished.

8. Maz - May 20, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I think Youkilis looks like the guy from Seinfeld. He was the one that was pulling into a spot with his car when George was trying to (back) parallel his car into the same spot.

9. Maz - May 20, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Mike Moffett was his character name in Seinfeld

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (4789)
  2. M. Kemp (3789)
  3. M. Cabrera (2956)
  4. J. Kang (2955)
  5. J. Upton (2710)
  1. M. Morse (2656)
  2. W. Middlebrooks (2411)
  3. C. McGehee (2354)