May 20, 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
NBC’s own TIffany Simons interviewed Kevin Youkilis, asking him about his offseason workout habits (none); his superstitions (some very inconsistent ones), his batting stance role model (Eric Davis), his charity (a good one), white wine (“um, I guess it goes with fish”), and the taunts he gets at Yankee Stadium (“I get a lot of ‘you suck’”).
It’s a great interview, but there is a troubling segment. I’m speaking of Tiffany’s arguably mocking questions to Youkilis about his bald head. I say troubling because in the not too distant future I’m going to start doing video segments on this here blog, and those video segments will have me teaming up with Ms. Simons. I’m gonna be honest kids: I’m sensing some serious anti-bald sentiment from her, and if she brings any of that noise in my follically-challenged direction, I’m going to insist on a co-host with more sympathy to the chrome-domed cause. Like, say, that chick from the first Star Trek movie.
Wait? What? She’s dead? Aw, bummer. OK, Tiffany, you’re off the hook for now. But I’ll be watching closely. In the meantime, enjoy the Youkilis interview.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)