May 20, 2010, 3:13 PM EST
NBC’s own TIffany Simons interviewed Kevin Youkilis, asking him about his offseason workout habits (none); his superstitions (some very inconsistent ones), his batting stance role model (Eric Davis), his charity (a good one), white wine (“um, I guess it goes with fish”), and the taunts he gets at Yankee Stadium (“I get a lot of ‘you suck'”).
It’s a great interview, but there is a troubling segment. I’m speaking of Tiffany’s arguably mocking questions to Youkilis about his bald head. I say troubling because in the not too distant future I’m going to start doing video segments on this here blog, and those video segments will have me teaming up with Ms. Simons. I’m gonna be honest kids: I’m sensing some serious anti-bald sentiment from her, and if she brings any of that noise in my follically-challenged direction, I’m going to insist on a co-host with more sympathy to the chrome-domed cause. Like, say, that chick from the first Star Trek movie.
Wait? What? She’s dead? Aw, bummer. OK, Tiffany, you’re off the hook for now. But I’ll be watching closely. In the meantime, enjoy the Youkilis interview.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 76
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 42
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 24
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)