May 20, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
The Braves’ Brooks Conrad just hit a walk-off grand slam to give the Braves a dramatic come-from-behind win against the Reds. Atlanta was down 8-0 after two innings. They were down 9-3 entering the bottom of the ninth. When Arthur Rhodes struck out Jason Heyward with the bases juiced in the ninth, I figured it was over. Then Dusty went to Francisco Cordero and Conrad went yard. The ball actually bounced out of Laynce Nix’s glove and over the fence. He should have been out, but it just didn’t go down like that. You can see the video here.
You don’t have to be a Braves fan to appreciate the gravity of this one. For good and for bad. The Cincinnati Enquirer’s John Fay just tweeted that this was the the “most stunning loss” in his time covering the Reds.
But Braves fans enjoy this one. For my part, I was speechless for the first three minutes. Since then
I’ve been doing a little happy dance.
The season ain’t over yet.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 18
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 26
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 24
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)