May 20, 2010, 4:16 PM EST
The Braves’ Brooks Conrad just hit a walk-off grand slam to give the Braves a dramatic come-from-behind win against the Reds. Atlanta was down 8-0 after two innings. They were down 9-3 entering the bottom of the ninth. When Arthur Rhodes struck out Jason Heyward with the bases juiced in the ninth, I figured it was over. Then Dusty went to Francisco Cordero and Conrad went yard. The ball actually bounced out of Laynce Nix’s glove and over the fence. He should have been out, but it just didn’t go down like that. You can see the video here.
You don’t have to be a Braves fan to appreciate the gravity of this one. For good and for bad. The Cincinnati Enquirer’s John Fay just tweeted that this was the the “most stunning loss” in his time covering the Reds.
But Braves fans enjoy this one. For my part, I was speechless for the first three minutes. Since then
I’ve been doing a little happy dance.
The season ain’t over yet.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)