May 20, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
The Braves’ Brooks Conrad just hit a walk-off grand slam to give the Braves a dramatic come-from-behind win against the Reds. Atlanta was down 8-0 after two innings. They were down 9-3 entering the bottom of the ninth. When Arthur Rhodes struck out Jason Heyward with the bases juiced in the ninth, I figured it was over. Then Dusty went to Francisco Cordero and Conrad went yard. The ball actually bounced out of Laynce Nix’s glove and over the fence. He should have been out, but it just didn’t go down like that. You can see the video here.
You don’t have to be a Braves fan to appreciate the gravity of this one. For good and for bad. The Cincinnati Enquirer’s John Fay just tweeted that this was the the “most stunning loss” in his time covering the Reds.
But Braves fans enjoy this one. For my part, I was speechless for the first three minutes. Since then
I’ve been doing a little happy dance.
The season ain’t over yet.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)