May 20, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
Hey, the Cardinals are doing it with Pujols, why shouldn’t the Brewers do it with Braun? Move him to the cleanup spot, that is, with Prince Fielder going to the three-hole for the first time since 2008. Hey! They won the division in 2008! This can’t NOT work!
The real question is not whether Fielder can hit third and Braun can hit cleanup, though. It’s whether either of them can pitch. Because that’s the real concern, my Wisconsin friends. They’re second in the NL in runs per game. They’re third worst in runs allowed.
But hey, if it gives people something to talk about, mazel tov.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)