May 20, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Hey, the Cardinals are doing it with Pujols, why shouldn’t the Brewers do it with Braun? Move him to the cleanup spot, that is, with Prince Fielder going to the three-hole for the first time since 2008. Hey! They won the division in 2008! This can’t NOT work!
The real question is not whether Fielder can hit third and Braun can hit cleanup, though. It’s whether either of them can pitch. Because that’s the real concern, my Wisconsin friends. They’re second in the NL in runs per game. They’re third worst in runs allowed.
But hey, if it gives people something to talk about, mazel tov.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)