May 20, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Hey, the Cardinals are doing it with Pujols, why shouldn’t the Brewers do it with Braun? Move him to the cleanup spot, that is, with Prince Fielder going to the three-hole for the first time since 2008. Hey! They won the division in 2008! This can’t NOT work!
The real question is not whether Fielder can hit third and Braun can hit cleanup, though. It’s whether either of them can pitch. Because that’s the real concern, my Wisconsin friends. They’re second in the NL in runs per game. They’re third worst in runs allowed.
But hey, if it gives people something to talk about, mazel tov.
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 44
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 53
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 30
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Video: Remembering Rickey Henderson’s record-setting stolen base 31
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)