May 20, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Hey, the Cardinals are doing it with Pujols, why shouldn’t the Brewers do it with Braun? Move him to the cleanup spot, that is, with Prince Fielder going to the three-hole for the first time since 2008. Hey! They won the division in 2008! This can’t NOT work!
The real question is not whether Fielder can hit third and Braun can hit cleanup, though. It’s whether either of them can pitch. Because that’s the real concern, my Wisconsin friends. They’re second in the NL in runs per game. They’re third worst in runs allowed.
But hey, if it gives people something to talk about, mazel tov.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)