May 20, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Hey, the Cardinals are doing it with Pujols, why shouldn’t the Brewers do it with Braun? Move him to the cleanup spot, that is, with Prince Fielder going to the three-hole for the first time since 2008. Hey! They won the division in 2008! This can’t NOT work!
The real question is not whether Fielder can hit third and Braun can hit cleanup, though. It’s whether either of them can pitch. Because that’s the real concern, my Wisconsin friends. They’re second in the NL in runs per game. They’re third worst in runs allowed.
But hey, if it gives people something to talk about, mazel tov.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)