May 20, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
Last night the Yankees ended the game with an outfield of Ramiro Pena, Randy Winn and Brett Gardner. Not exactly how they figured the season would go. Add in the Jorge Posada injury, Nick Johnson’s wrist, Alfredo Aceves’ back and everything else and this team is the walking freaking wounded.
Snakebit? I don’t know. But check out the screen grab of Marcus Thames’ injury over at IIATMS. Yeah, he stepped on the bat he had just discarded, turning his ankle. What, as they say, are the effing odds?
I don’t believe in voodoo or any of that stuff, but something is up with this team. What’s next? Mark Teixeira wiping out badly while surfing? CC Sabathia throwing out his back while hula dancing? Phil Hughes waking up in the middle of the night to find a tarantula on his chest?
The Yankees should probably return their World Series rings to an ancient Hawaiian burial ground to break the tabu. Just watch out for Vincent Price.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)