May 20, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
Last night the Yankees ended the game with an outfield of Ramiro Pena, Randy Winn and Brett Gardner. Not exactly how they figured the season would go. Add in the Jorge Posada injury, Nick Johnson’s wrist, Alfredo Aceves’ back and everything else and this team is the walking freaking wounded.
Snakebit? I don’t know. But check out the screen grab of Marcus Thames’ injury over at IIATMS. Yeah, he stepped on the bat he had just discarded, turning his ankle. What, as they say, are the effing odds?
I don’t believe in voodoo or any of that stuff, but something is up with this team. What’s next? Mark Teixeira wiping out badly while surfing? CC Sabathia throwing out his back while hula dancing? Phil Hughes waking up in the middle of the night to find a tarantula on his chest?
The Yankees should probably return their World Series rings to an ancient Hawaiian burial ground to break the tabu. Just watch out for Vincent Price.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)