May 20, 2010, 2:15 AM EDT
Evan Longoria is 24 years old. In his third season in the majors, he’s already a two-time All-Star and Gold Glove winner, and arguably the best player on the best team in baseball.
His face is on video game boxes and television commercials (see below), and he just might be on the way to replacing Derek Jeter as the face of baseball.
Could life get any better? Well, yes it could.
Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports that Longoria will be featured in the June/July issue of Men’s Journal. And it’s not going to be your standard sit-down interview with a guy like me.
Longoria, poses with model Jennifer McDonough, and styles how to dress for a warm-weather getaway. There’s an article to go along with photos, and he shares with McDonough thoughts on his faith (he went to Catholic school for 12 years), favorite destinations (New York, Chicago, Brazil) and what he’d do if he wasn’t playing baseball (think criminal justice).
Yes, Evan Longoria is now being interviewed, and is posing with, supermodels. (Topkin includes plenty of photos here).
Still worried about Longoria going through life being mistaken for Tony Parker’s wife? Yeah, I didn’t think so.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)