May 21, 2010, 5:12 PM EDT
Relievers Chad Gaudin and Edwar Ramirez were both designated for assignment in recent days. The assignment has now come: Edwar Ramirez down to AAA Sacramento and Gaudin out of town on a rail.
Between this news and the Brian Bruney DFA from the other day, it’s safe to say that the “sign ex-Yankees and put them in our bullpen” strategy from this past winner was not a winning one.
Gaudin seems like someone who could still be effective, however, so you figure that he’ll find work soon.
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 0
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)