May 21, 2010, 5:12 PM EDT
Relievers Chad Gaudin and Edwar Ramirez were both designated for assignment in recent days. The assignment has now come: Edwar Ramirez down to AAA Sacramento and Gaudin out of town on a rail.
Between this news and the Brian Bruney DFA from the other day, it’s safe to say that the “sign ex-Yankees and put them in our bullpen” strategy from this past winner was not a winning one.
Gaudin seems like someone who could still be effective, however, so you figure that he’ll find work soon.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 8
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 17
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)