May 21, 2010, 11:22 AM EDT
Yankee Stadium has always been much harder on people bringing in stuff like bags and food and whatnot, but the latest one has some people angry: No iPads:
However if you are planning to attend a Yankees home game at Yankee Stadium, leave that iPad at home! The security policies page notes that laptops are not allowed inside Yankee Stadium along with any video equipment. Apparently Yankees Stadium officials have decided that the iPad poses a safety risk. Additional banned devices are those that, “…may interfere with and/or distract any sports participant, other patron, audio or audio/visual telecast or recording of the game or any technology-related service provided in Yankee Stadium.”
Which is kind of silly, given that (a) a lot of parks allow them, such as Fenway; and (b) not even the freakin’ TSA has a problem with these things. They treat them just like phones and allow you to take them through security. They don’t even make you turn them on or anything like they do with your laptops. This from the same people who think a bottle of water or a pair of Chuck Taylors are a security risk.
Still, why the heck do you need your iPad in the ballpark anyway? There’s a ballgame going on. Isn’t that enough?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)