May 21, 2010, 9:25 AM EST
Listen, Mr. Lerner, the players have their jobs and you have yours, so let’s make a deal: they will refrain from pretending to swim in your giant piles of cash if you refrain from shagging fly balls in their outfield, OK?
Nationals principal owner Mark Lerner received a couple of stitches on
the bridge of his nose after trying to catch a fly ball during batting
practice at Nationals Park on Thursday afternoon.
Lerner, who is known to sometimes shag fly balls in full uniform, was
blinded by the sun just as he was trying to catch the ball. It ended up
hitting the frame of his glasses, cutting the bridge of his nose. Lerner
immediately received medical attention. The injury is not considered
The guy is a gazillionaire owner of a baseball team and he can’t afford rec specs?
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)