May 21, 2010, 9:25 AM EDT
Listen, Mr. Lerner, the players have their jobs and you have yours, so let’s make a deal: they will refrain from pretending to swim in your giant piles of cash if you refrain from shagging fly balls in their outfield, OK?
Nationals principal owner Mark Lerner received a couple of stitches on
the bridge of his nose after trying to catch a fly ball during batting
practice at Nationals Park on Thursday afternoon.
Lerner, who is known to sometimes shag fly balls in full uniform, was
blinded by the sun just as he was trying to catch the ball. It ended up
hitting the frame of his glasses, cutting the bridge of his nose. Lerner
immediately received medical attention. The injury is not considered
The guy is a gazillionaire owner of a baseball team and he can’t afford rec specs?
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)