May 21, 2010, 9:25 AM EST
Listen, Mr. Lerner, the players have their jobs and you have yours, so let’s make a deal: they will refrain from pretending to swim in your giant piles of cash if you refrain from shagging fly balls in their outfield, OK?
Nationals principal owner Mark Lerner received a couple of stitches on
the bridge of his nose after trying to catch a fly ball during batting
practice at Nationals Park on Thursday afternoon.
Lerner, who is known to sometimes shag fly balls in full uniform, was
blinded by the sun just as he was trying to catch the ball. It ended up
hitting the frame of his glasses, cutting the bridge of his nose. Lerner
immediately received medical attention. The injury is not considered
The guy is a gazillionaire owner of a baseball team and he can’t afford rec specs?
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (271)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)