May 21, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
You all know that I have a bit of a crush on Charlie Manuel. This interview with Yahoo!’s Dave Brown only makes it stronger. It’s got everything: the Amish, professional wrestling, Manuel and Mickey Mantle talking about “Mother Nature things” and how Ron Washington was always a “hard nosed” player who was a “high energy guy.” And that was before he used cocaine!
Just a fun interview. Brown is great at this stuff and Manuel sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)