May 21, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
You all know that I have a bit of a crush on Charlie Manuel. This interview with Yahoo!’s Dave Brown only makes it stronger. It’s got everything: the Amish, professional wrestling, Manuel and Mickey Mantle talking about “Mother Nature things” and how Ron Washington was always a “hard nosed” player who was a “high energy guy.” And that was before he used cocaine!
Just a fun interview. Brown is great at this stuff and Manuel sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)