May 21, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
You all know that I have a bit of a crush on Charlie Manuel. This interview with Yahoo!’s Dave Brown only makes it stronger. It’s got everything: the Amish, professional wrestling, Manuel and Mickey Mantle talking about “Mother Nature things” and how Ron Washington was always a “hard nosed” player who was a “high energy guy.” And that was before he used cocaine!
Just a fun interview. Brown is great at this stuff and Manuel sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 27
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 19
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 34
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)