May 21, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
You all know that I have a bit of a crush on Charlie Manuel. This interview with Yahoo!’s Dave Brown only makes it stronger. It’s got everything: the Amish, professional wrestling, Manuel and Mickey Mantle talking about “Mother Nature things” and how Ron Washington was always a “hard nosed” player who was a “high energy guy.” And that was before he used cocaine!
Just a fun interview. Brown is great at this stuff and Manuel sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)