May 21, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Henry Schulman of the Chronicle reports that Bruce Bochy is going to skip Todd Wellemeyer’s next turn in the Giants’ rotation thanks to an off-day on Monday. Schulman has a source, however, who is telling him that Wellemeyer might be on the outs permanently, and that the Giants are considering bringing up Erick Hacker to take his place.
Hacker is having a great year in Fresno, but he’s got very little track record in the major leagues. This is all about Wellemeyer stinking up the joint to the tune of 5.71 ERA and a K/BB ratio of 29/27. Sure, he’s the fifth starter, but when your 1-4 guys are as awesome as Lincecum, Cain, Zito and Sanchez have been, that kind of sticks out.
- The beauty of belief 8
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 30
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 69
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)