May 21, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Dave O’Brien reports that three Braves minor leaguers — Albaro “Yoel” Campusano, Geraldo Rodriguez and Amadeo
Zazueta — all infielders, all with Class-A Myrtle Beach — have been suspended for testing positive
for amphetamines. That’s 50 games in the pokey, kids.
Campusano doesn’t show up anywhere on Braves’ prospects lists. Rodriguez is noted for his power, but has nothing else going on and isn’t really considered much of a prospect himself. Zazueta was a pickup from the independent leagues. He supposedly has a decent glove but not much else. And given that he’s already 23 and is still playing A-ball, not one was really expecting much from him either.
I guess what I’m saying is that it’s extremely unlikely that anyone will pay admission to a major league park one day for the express purpose of screaming “cheater!” at any of these three dudes.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48