May 22, 2010, 3:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official. Rollins is headed back to the disabled list, according to Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
8:34 AM: Rollins told David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News that he is unsure whether Friday’s injury will require another stint on the disabled list.
“An hour later, it feels a lot better than it did when I came out,” he
said, “so we’ll see.”
Friday, 9:59 PM: Zolecki reports that Rollins was diagnosed with a mild right calf strain. He’s currently listed as day-to-day.
9:29 PM: Zolecki assumes that Rollins aggravated his calf, but there’s no official word from the team.
9:09 PM: Jimmy Rollins left Friday’s game against the Red Sox with a leg injury, according to Todd Zolecki of MLB.com. Rollins singled to right field with one out in the sixth inning, but pulled up lame a few feet down the line. He limped off the field and was replaced in the lineup by Juan Castro.
Of course, the immediate concern is whether Rollins aggravated his right calf injury. He was just activated from the disabled list on Monday.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 15
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)