May 22, 2010, 3:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official. Rollins is headed back to the disabled list, according to Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
8:34 AM: Rollins told David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News that he is unsure whether Friday’s injury will require another stint on the disabled list.
“An hour later, it feels a lot better than it did when I came out,” he
said, “so we’ll see.”
Friday, 9:59 PM: Zolecki reports that Rollins was diagnosed with a mild right calf strain. He’s currently listed as day-to-day.
9:29 PM: Zolecki assumes that Rollins aggravated his calf, but there’s no official word from the team.
9:09 PM: Jimmy Rollins left Friday’s game against the Red Sox with a leg injury, according to Todd Zolecki of MLB.com. Rollins singled to right field with one out in the sixth inning, but pulled up lame a few feet down the line. He limped off the field and was replaced in the lineup by Juan Castro.
Of course, the immediate concern is whether Rollins aggravated his right calf injury. He was just activated from the disabled list on Monday.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona