May 22, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Turns out Kevin Millar won’t have much time to suit up for the St. Paul Saints. Fresh off accepting a gig as a studio analyst for NESN on Thursday, the Associated Press reported on Friday that Millar will join FOX as a baseball analyst.
Millar will make his FOX debut during tonight’s coverage and will call the Brewers-Cardinals game with Joe Buck on June 5.
Millar, 38, failed in an attempt to make the Cubs during spring training. He amassed a .274/.358/.452 batting line over 12 major league seasons. Of course, he played an important role with the Red Sox World Championship team in 2004.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)