May 22, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Turns out Kevin Millar won’t have much time to suit up for the St. Paul Saints. Fresh off accepting a gig as a studio analyst for NESN on Thursday, the Associated Press reported on Friday that Millar will join FOX as a baseball analyst.
Millar will make his FOX debut during tonight’s coverage and will call the Brewers-Cardinals game with Joe Buck on June 5.
Millar, 38, failed in an attempt to make the Cubs during spring training. He amassed a .274/.358/.452 batting line over 12 major league seasons. Of course, he played an important role with the Red Sox World Championship team in 2004.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)