May 22, 2010, 12:47 PM EST
Turns out Kevin Millar won’t have much time to suit up for the St. Paul Saints. Fresh off accepting a gig as a studio analyst for NESN on Thursday, the Associated Press reported on Friday that Millar will join FOX as a baseball analyst.
Millar will make his FOX debut during tonight’s coverage and will call the Brewers-Cardinals game with Joe Buck on June 5.
Millar, 38, failed in an attempt to make the Cubs during spring training. He amassed a .274/.358/.452 batting line over 12 major league seasons. Of course, he played an important role with the Red Sox World Championship team in 2004.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)