May 22, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Turns out Kevin Millar won’t have much time to suit up for the St. Paul Saints. Fresh off accepting a gig as a studio analyst for NESN on Thursday, the Associated Press reported on Friday that Millar will join FOX as a baseball analyst.
Millar will make his FOX debut during tonight’s coverage and will call the Brewers-Cardinals game with Joe Buck on June 5.
Millar, 38, failed in an attempt to make the Cubs during spring training. He amassed a .274/.358/.452 batting line over 12 major league seasons. Of course, he played an important role with the Red Sox World Championship team in 2004.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 8
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 26
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 99
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (99)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)