May 22, 2010, 9:50 PM EDT
UPDATE: Phillies shortstop Juan Castro broke up the effort with a broken-bat single into left field. Matsuzaka had two outs in the eighth inning at the time. Still, a fine showing from the right-hander, who had a 7.89 ERA and a 1.52 WHIP in four starts since being activated from the disabled list on May 1.
7:32pm: Daisuke Matsuzaka is putting on a show this evening in Philadelphia and actually has a no-hitter through seven innings. He has walked three and fanned five.
We’ll keep an eye on the game to see if Dice-K can make history against one of the National League’s best offenses. He’s up to 93 pitches with six outs to go and David Ortiz has been replaced at first base by the more agile Kevin Youkilis. This baby’s getting serious.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)