May 23, 2010, 11:34 AM EDT
Mariners outfielder Milton Bradley spoke Saturday with ESPN.com’s Elizabeth Merrill on the strides he’s made as a person since running into trouble in early May with Seattle management. He’s grateful for the help that the M’s have given him this season and was hoping for similar assistance last year in Chicago, but failed to ever ask.
“I wanted to take some time out, get my thoughts together, and just
speak to someone and get an understanding from somebody unbiased,”
Bradley said. “But you can’t really do that in Chicago. There’s just
too much going on.”
Sounding calm and collected in a 45-minute interview with ESPN.com, he attempted to explain why he acts foolishly at times. He claims it’s because he cares, sometimes too much.
“Because I’m a big guy, a 210-pound, 6-foot baseball player, I’m strong
and can hit a baseball a long way,” Bradley said. “But I’m still human.
My heart still pumps the same blood as everyone else. I have feelings
and emotions, and my feelings are deep and strong.”
Bradley, 32, is 5-for-16 with three runs scored since being activated from the restricted list last week. The Mariners, as a team, are 2-2 over that span.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 7
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)