May 23, 2010, 11:34 AM EST
Mariners outfielder Milton Bradley spoke Saturday with ESPN.com’s Elizabeth Merrill on the strides he’s made as a person since running into trouble in early May with Seattle management. He’s grateful for the help that the M’s have given him this season and was hoping for similar assistance last year in Chicago, but failed to ever ask.
“I wanted to take some time out, get my thoughts together, and just
speak to someone and get an understanding from somebody unbiased,”
Bradley said. “But you can’t really do that in Chicago. There’s just
too much going on.”
Sounding calm and collected in a 45-minute interview with ESPN.com, he attempted to explain why he acts foolishly at times. He claims it’s because he cares, sometimes too much.
“Because I’m a big guy, a 210-pound, 6-foot baseball player, I’m strong
and can hit a baseball a long way,” Bradley said. “But I’m still human.
My heart still pumps the same blood as everyone else. I have feelings
and emotions, and my feelings are deep and strong.”
Bradley, 32, is 5-for-16 with three runs scored since being activated from the restricted list last week. The Mariners, as a team, are 2-2 over that span.
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 13
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 70
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)