May 24, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
After missing all of last season following elbow surgery Ben Sheets looked awful in his first six starts for the A’s, going 1-3 with a 7.12 ERA and 16/16 K/BB ratio in 30.1 innings.
He’s quietly gotten back on track since then and shut out the Giants for six innings in a no-decision yesterday afternoon to give him a 2.52 ERA and 29/12 K/BB ratio in his last four outings.
His raw stuff still hasn’t returned all the way, but he’s at least no longer looking like a complete waste of $10 million for Billy Beane and company.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)