May 24, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
After missing all of last season following elbow surgery Ben Sheets looked awful in his first six starts for the A’s, going 1-3 with a 7.12 ERA and 16/16 K/BB ratio in 30.1 innings.
He’s quietly gotten back on track since then and shut out the Giants for six innings in a no-decision yesterday afternoon to give him a 2.52 ERA and 29/12 K/BB ratio in his last four outings.
His raw stuff still hasn’t returned all the way, but he’s at least no longer looking like a complete waste of $10 million for Billy Beane and company.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 54
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)