May 24, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
After missing all of last season following elbow surgery Ben Sheets looked awful in his first six starts for the A’s, going 1-3 with a 7.12 ERA and 16/16 K/BB ratio in 30.1 innings.
He’s quietly gotten back on track since then and shut out the Giants for six innings in a no-decision yesterday afternoon to give him a 2.52 ERA and 29/12 K/BB ratio in his last four outings.
His raw stuff still hasn’t returned all the way, but he’s at least no longer looking like a complete waste of $10 million for Billy Beane and company.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (154)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)