Someone needs to get me this t-shirt

May 24, 2010, 9:03 AM EDT

One of HBT’s Philadelphia operatives sent me an email over the weekend to tell me that he saw a t-shirt at Citizens Bank Park on Friday night which read as follows:

We have:

• 84 home games
  • Roy Halladay
  • Tasers
  • Your signs

Not sure if it said “resistance is futile” or anything else clever on the bottom, but I’m not sure it needed to. By far the best t-shirt I’ve heard of at a ballpark this year.  It’s so full of win that I’d wear it despite the fact that I’m a Braves guy.

UPDATE:  I’m told that the shirt is the product of Zoo With Roy and can be purchased here. Hats off, ZWR. Awesome shirt.

1. Jonny5 - May 24, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Ahhh my head is just killing me this morning and that still made me laugh my butt off. Too much standing in front of subwoofers in the “pit” as Alice n chains and Jerry Cantrel just shredded. STP did some brain damage to me as did 3 days grace, but mostly I think it was the beer… Anyhow, I’m glad i missed the Halladay loss yeasterday in a way. It just isn’t as bad if i don’t watch it. Love the shirt, I MUST find one. On a brighter note,One more win for my Orange and black, and it’s onto the stanley cup championship series!!! woo hoo! ouch. Time to find some advil.

2. Joe G - May 24, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Yeah, I frequent that blog and it is great stuff. It is easily the most absurd blog I have ever seen. Check out the definitive guide to the Phillies as muppet babies.
    And Jonny, for the record, I seriously regret not going to the MMRBQ

3. Jonny5 - May 24, 2010 at 11:15 AM

As you should. Alice in chains surpassed all expectations. The new vocalist is right on the mark. They’ll be back at the same place in September. I strongly suggest you see them then. Awesome.

4. Wooden U. Lykteneau - May 24, 2010 at 11:33 AM

It’s missing a bullet…
    * NO CLASS

5. Charles Gates - May 24, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Next missing bullets:
    * Adolescent vomit covered fans
    * Booo!!!

6. Tenac - May 24, 2010 at 2:32 PM

What’s up with the shirts that say “Wertz” instead of “Werth”? Is that intentional? Perhaps a nickname?
    I don’t get the 84 home games thing either. Someone mind explaining?

7. Jonny5 - May 24, 2010 at 3:05 PM

The Toronto series that was supposed to be in Toronto was moved for political reasons to Philly (G8 summit I think). The first time a DH will be used in CBP, and Toronto bats second, another first for CBP, but they do get extra home games this season, some people feel it’s an unfair advantage. I don’t since once again Philly has a better road record. And Wertz is a dumb nickname, Don’t know why it came to be, and never heard anyone use it.

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate