May 24, 2010, 3:13 PM EST
The Astros may be in last place, but they’re doing something first rate: bringing back an organist to the ballpark. At least for Sunday home games anyway:
Connors might play the Adam’s Family theme song, a Mexican Hat dance,
the Pink Panther theme song, or even the YMCA.
“Who would have thought we could do the YMCA and have a crowd doing
the motions?” Connors said. “It’s great when 50,000 people unconsciously
set down their hot dogs and drinks and start clapping.”
Um, we’ll let the facts that he (a) plays “YMCA”; and (b) thinks that 50,000 people go to Astros game slide. Because organ music at the ballpark is cool, dadgummit, and we’re all very very happy about this, right?
(link via Ballpark Digest)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)