May 24, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
White Sox relievers J.J. Putz and Bobby Jenks are being scouted by the Phillies, reports ESPN Chicago’s Bruce Levine.
This makes sense for the Phillies given the fact that they’re trotting Jose Contreras out there as their closer at present. Both Jenks and Putz are striking out a ton of guys an inning, so either of them would be nice additions. The White Sox say they aren’t giving up yet, but they’re seven and a half games back already, so you have to figure that they need to go on an utter tear to keep them out of the sellers column much longer.
In other news, “Putz and Jenks” sounds like some 1950s cartoon cat
and mouse team.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 123
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)