May 24, 2010, 3:25 PM EDT
The Reds have had a look-see at Homer Bailey’s shoulder and have decided to place him on the 15-day DL. They called up righty Enerio Del Rosario to take his place on the roster.
Bailey is just 1-2 with a 5.51 ERA on the year, but his last two full outings had been pretty darn good: two runs over seven innings against the Brewers and before that a lights-out performance while shutting out the Pirates.
People will probably blame Dusty Baker for this, but it’s not like he’s been terribly overworked this season. He’s had one outing of 120+ pitches — immediately after which he was shelled by the Cubs — but those two good outings came after that, and he’s otherwise been treated humanely as far as I can tell.
Pitchers get hurt sometimes. Homer Bailey is hurt.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)