May 24, 2010, 3:25 PM EDT
The Reds have had a look-see at Homer Bailey’s shoulder and have decided to place him on the 15-day DL. They called up righty Enerio Del Rosario to take his place on the roster.
Bailey is just 1-2 with a 5.51 ERA on the year, but his last two full outings had been pretty darn good: two runs over seven innings against the Brewers and before that a lights-out performance while shutting out the Pirates.
People will probably blame Dusty Baker for this, but it’s not like he’s been terribly overworked this season. He’s had one outing of 120+ pitches — immediately after which he was shelled by the Cubs — but those two good outings came after that, and he’s otherwise been treated humanely as far as I can tell.
Pitchers get hurt sometimes. Homer Bailey is hurt.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)