May 24, 2010, 8:24 PM EDT
We haven’t heard much about Grady Sizemore since he was placed on the disabled list last week and Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com wonders out loud where this situation is headed.
I’m not a doctor and don’t play one on TV. I am not medically qualified
to know about treatment options for a “deep knee bone bruise.” But I do
know that Grady Sizemore is seeing not one but two specialists this week
(in Vail, Colo., and New York City) for second and third opinions on
how to treat his condition. Clearly, this is not your standard bruise.
Surgery remains a possibility. We should know more later in the week.
Similar to Castrovince, I do not claim to be a doctor, but as a Mets fan, this sounds all too familiar to the Carlos Beltran situation. Just sayin.
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 9
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 14
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 23
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 30
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 82
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 60
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)