May 24, 2010, 8:24 PM EDT
We haven’t heard much about Grady Sizemore since he was placed on the disabled list last week and Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com wonders out loud where this situation is headed.
I’m not a doctor and don’t play one on TV. I am not medically qualified
to know about treatment options for a “deep knee bone bruise.” But I do
know that Grady Sizemore is seeing not one but two specialists this week
(in Vail, Colo., and New York City) for second and third opinions on
how to treat his condition. Clearly, this is not your standard bruise.
Surgery remains a possibility. We should know more later in the week.
Similar to Castrovince, I do not claim to be a doctor, but as a Mets fan, this sounds all too familiar to the Carlos Beltran situation. Just sayin.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)