May 24, 2010, 4:44 PM EST
Everything’s still quiet regarding manager Dave Trembley. He won’t be
fired today. Book it. I just got further confirmation.
Alrighty then, he lives to visit retribution on Corey Patterson for not tagging up yesterday.
The question I have is the form in which Kubatko’s confirmation came. Because doesn’t that make all the difference in the world? If the question was “are you firing Trembley today” and the answer is “no, we’re not firing Trembley,” it means one thing. If the answer is “no, we’re not firing Trembley TODAY,” it means something else. Multiply that by about a half dozen more variations and vocal inflections and you quickly realize that we know nothing.
Kind of reminds me of that old SNL skit with Ed Asner in which he tells the technicians at the nuke plant that “you can never put too much water in a nuclear reactor.” I think Ed Asner and I are probably the only two people who remember that one. Well, maybe Gary Kroeger. He was in that one if I recall.
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 35
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)