May 24, 2010, 4:44 PM EST
Everything’s still quiet regarding manager Dave Trembley. He won’t be
fired today. Book it. I just got further confirmation.
Alrighty then, he lives to visit retribution on Corey Patterson for not tagging up yesterday.
The question I have is the form in which Kubatko’s confirmation came. Because doesn’t that make all the difference in the world? If the question was “are you firing Trembley today” and the answer is “no, we’re not firing Trembley,” it means one thing. If the answer is “no, we’re not firing Trembley TODAY,” it means something else. Multiply that by about a half dozen more variations and vocal inflections and you quickly realize that we know nothing.
Kind of reminds me of that old SNL skit with Ed Asner in which he tells the technicians at the nuke plant that “you can never put too much water in a nuclear reactor.” I think Ed Asner and I are probably the only two people who remember that one. Well, maybe Gary Kroeger. He was in that one if I recall.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)