May 24, 2010, 4:44 PM EDT
Everything’s still quiet regarding manager Dave Trembley. He won’t be
fired today. Book it. I just got further confirmation.
Alrighty then, he lives to visit retribution on Corey Patterson for not tagging up yesterday.
The question I have is the form in which Kubatko’s confirmation came. Because doesn’t that make all the difference in the world? If the question was “are you firing Trembley today” and the answer is “no, we’re not firing Trembley,” it means one thing. If the answer is “no, we’re not firing Trembley TODAY,” it means something else. Multiply that by about a half dozen more variations and vocal inflections and you quickly realize that we know nothing.
Kind of reminds me of that old SNL skit with Ed Asner in which he tells the technicians at the nuke plant that “you can never put too much water in a nuclear reactor.” I think Ed Asner and I are probably the only two people who remember that one. Well, maybe Gary Kroeger. He was in that one if I recall.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 23
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 28
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Indians place starter Carlos Carrasco on 15-day disabled list with right shoulder discomfort 1
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)