May 24, 2010, 4:44 PM EDT
Everything’s still quiet regarding manager Dave Trembley. He won’t be
fired today. Book it. I just got further confirmation.
Alrighty then, he lives to visit retribution on Corey Patterson for not tagging up yesterday.
The question I have is the form in which Kubatko’s confirmation came. Because doesn’t that make all the difference in the world? If the question was “are you firing Trembley today” and the answer is “no, we’re not firing Trembley,” it means one thing. If the answer is “no, we’re not firing Trembley TODAY,” it means something else. Multiply that by about a half dozen more variations and vocal inflections and you quickly realize that we know nothing.
Kind of reminds me of that old SNL skit with Ed Asner in which he tells the technicians at the nuke plant that “you can never put too much water in a nuclear reactor.” I think Ed Asner and I are probably the only two people who remember that one. Well, maybe Gary Kroeger. He was in that one if I recall.
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 16
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 15
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 41
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- Royals acquire ace Johnny Cueto from the Reds 71
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)