May 24, 2010, 4:44 PM EST
Everything’s still quiet regarding manager Dave Trembley. He won’t be
fired today. Book it. I just got further confirmation.
Alrighty then, he lives to visit retribution on Corey Patterson for not tagging up yesterday.
The question I have is the form in which Kubatko’s confirmation came. Because doesn’t that make all the difference in the world? If the question was “are you firing Trembley today” and the answer is “no, we’re not firing Trembley,” it means one thing. If the answer is “no, we’re not firing Trembley TODAY,” it means something else. Multiply that by about a half dozen more variations and vocal inflections and you quickly realize that we know nothing.
Kind of reminds me of that old SNL skit with Ed Asner in which he tells the technicians at the nuke plant that “you can never put too much water in a nuclear reactor.” I think Ed Asner and I are probably the only two people who remember that one. Well, maybe Gary Kroeger. He was in that one if I recall.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 25
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 16
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)