May 25, 2010, 5:50 AM EDT
Four games? That’s it? Blimey.
Sox 6, Rays 1: Clay Buchholz continues Boston’s string of nice
starts as the Sox (a) beat the Rays for the first time in five tries;
and (b) move to four games over .500 for the first time all season.
David Ortiz homered for the fifth time in his last nine games.
White Sox 7, Indians 2: John Danks allowed two runs and six hits in five innings for the Sox. Justin Masterson lost his 11th straight start dating back to last August. Cleveland: you may want to go with another plan. Omar Vizquel tied Luis Aparicio for second on the all-time hit list for shortstops. I’ll have more on that later this morning.
Blue Jays 6, Angels 0: Brett Cecil allows zippo on two hits in seven and a third as the Jays shut out the Angels. Cecil is 4-1 on the road with a 2.67 ERA. He’s 0-1 at home with a 10.13 ERA at home. Which raises the question: why does Brett Cecil hate Canada?
Reds 7, Pirates 5: Aaron Harang scored from first on an Orlando Cabrera double. That is, 6’7″ 260 pound — officially anyway — Aaron Harang lumbered in from first. Watching the video of it is much improved if you do a bunch of Curly “whoop whoops!” as he’s running. Yeah, that’s kind of Chris Bermany, but it really does work here. The Reds are once again tied for first place.
A real slate of ballgames tonight, thank goodness.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 34
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 90
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)