May 25, 2010, 10:27 AM EDT
Remember how U2 caused the Angels, Athletics, Blue Jays and Marlins to rearrange their schedule to that they could put on their big “We Used to be About the Music but now We’re Basically ‘Disaster Area’ from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Books” tour?
Yeah, about that: Bono now has to have back surgery, so all the dates that had affected the major league teams have been postponed. Of course the baseball schedule had already been shuffled, so there’s no fixing things this year. And now how much you wanna bet that the rescheduled dates — tentatively set for 2011 — will disrupt next season too? I’m guessing it’s highly likely.
That is, unless Bono decides that he’s going to spend 2011 dead for tax purposes.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)