May 25, 2010, 10:27 AM EDT
Remember how U2 caused the Angels, Athletics, Blue Jays and Marlins to rearrange their schedule to that they could put on their big “We Used to be About the Music but now We’re Basically ‘Disaster Area’ from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Books” tour?
Yeah, about that: Bono now has to have back surgery, so all the dates that had affected the major league teams have been postponed. Of course the baseball schedule had already been shuffled, so there’s no fixing things this year. And now how much you wanna bet that the rescheduled dates — tentatively set for 2011 — will disrupt next season too? I’m guessing it’s highly likely.
That is, unless Bono decides that he’s going to spend 2011 dead for tax purposes.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 32
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)