May 25, 2010, 10:27 AM EDT
Remember how U2 caused the Angels, Athletics, Blue Jays and Marlins to rearrange their schedule to that they could put on their big “We Used to be About the Music but now We’re Basically ‘Disaster Area’ from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Books” tour?
Yeah, about that: Bono now has to have back surgery, so all the dates that had affected the major league teams have been postponed. Of course the baseball schedule had already been shuffled, so there’s no fixing things this year. And now how much you wanna bet that the rescheduled dates — tentatively set for 2011 — will disrupt next season too? I’m guessing it’s highly likely.
That is, unless Bono decides that he’s going to spend 2011 dead for tax purposes.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)