May 25, 2010, 10:27 AM EDT
Remember how U2 caused the Angels, Athletics, Blue Jays and Marlins to rearrange their schedule to that they could put on their big “We Used to be About the Music but now We’re Basically ‘Disaster Area’ from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Books” tour?
Yeah, about that: Bono now has to have back surgery, so all the dates that had affected the major league teams have been postponed. Of course the baseball schedule had already been shuffled, so there’s no fixing things this year. And now how much you wanna bet that the rescheduled dates — tentatively set for 2011 — will disrupt next season too? I’m guessing it’s highly likely.
That is, unless Bono decides that he’s going to spend 2011 dead for tax purposes.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 8
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)