May 25, 2010, 10:27 AM EDT
Remember how U2 caused the Angels, Athletics, Blue Jays and Marlins to rearrange their schedule to that they could put on their big “We Used to be About the Music but now We’re Basically ‘Disaster Area’ from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Books” tour?
Yeah, about that: Bono now has to have back surgery, so all the dates that had affected the major league teams have been postponed. Of course the baseball schedule had already been shuffled, so there’s no fixing things this year. And now how much you wanna bet that the rescheduled dates — tentatively set for 2011 — will disrupt next season too? I’m guessing it’s highly likely.
That is, unless Bono decides that he’s going to spend 2011 dead for tax purposes.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (252)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)