May 25, 2010, 9:54 AM EDT
Brian Cashman said yesterday that Curtis Granderson, late of a strained groin (exclusive video of the injury here), is going to be activated from the disabled list on Friday.
Granderson’s absence has coincided with a far more eventful stretch of play from Marcus Thames — both for good and bad — than anyone expected, but I think everyone in the Yankees Universe will be happy to see Granderson back.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 26
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)