May 25, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
Remember that guy in Philadelphia who intentionally thew up on the 11 year-old girl? Yeah, that was wonderful. Seems his legal team decided that he might not be able to win over a jury, because he pleaded guilty this morning:
A 21-year-old New Jersey man has pleaded guilty
to intentionally vomiting on a man and his 11-year-old daughter in the
stands during a Philadelphia Phillies game. Matthew Clemmens of Cherry Hill, N.J., pleaded guilty to simple assault and other charges
I know it would have been a tough case and everything, but if I was representing him I would have considered taking this baby to trial. Why? Thin forensic evidence! You can’t dust for vomit!
But yeah, I suppose the DNA evidence could be a killer.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27