May 25, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Hideki Irabu was pulled over in Gardena, California drifting right and left and all over the place. The cops are going to wait for his blood tests to come back to decide if he should be charged. Worth noting, though, that if this holds up it won’t be the first time the Fat Toad has had a problem with alcohol and the law. Back in 2008 he was arrested for assaulting a bar manager in Japan after allegedly consuming 20 glasses of beer. That’s a lot even if the glasses are small!
As for this weaving-through-traffic incident, I suppose his defense would that (a) he’s Hideki Irabu and so by definition
he’s all over the place; and (b) no matter how fast anyone thought he was going we was really going slower, but I’ll leave that for his lawyer.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming