May 25, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Hideki Irabu was pulled over in Gardena, California drifting right and left and all over the place. The cops are going to wait for his blood tests to come back to decide if he should be charged. Worth noting, though, that if this holds up it won’t be the first time the Fat Toad has had a problem with alcohol and the law. Back in 2008 he was arrested for assaulting a bar manager in Japan after allegedly consuming 20 glasses of beer. That’s a lot even if the glasses are small!
As for this weaving-through-traffic incident, I suppose his defense would that (a) he’s Hideki Irabu and so by definition
he’s all over the place; and (b) no matter how fast anyone thought he was going we was really going slower, but I’ll leave that for his lawyer.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 2
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 33
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)