May 25, 2010, 3:14 PM EST
I loved Hideki Matsui’s World Series performance. I would love to have a hitter like Hideki Matsui in my lineup. If I did, though, he’d be way down low in the order, just like the Angels are doing with him now:
Hideki Matsui was dropped from the cleanup spot to the fifth spot on May 3, from
fifth to sixth on May 14, and from sixth to seventh Monday night. If
the designated hitter doesn’t snap out of his monthlong slump, he might
be in danger of being dropped from the lineup altogether.
The problem is a simple one: dude is
batting just .229 with a .302 on-base percentage. That doesn’t get the job done even at his relatively reasonable contract.
But hey, at least Yankees fans can stop beating themselves up over the Nick Johnson signing, right?
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)