May 25, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
I loved Hideki Matsui’s World Series performance. I would love to have a hitter like Hideki Matsui in my lineup. If I did, though, he’d be way down low in the order, just like the Angels are doing with him now:
Hideki Matsui was dropped from the cleanup spot to the fifth spot on May 3, from
fifth to sixth on May 14, and from sixth to seventh Monday night. If
the designated hitter doesn’t snap out of his monthlong slump, he might
be in danger of being dropped from the lineup altogether.
The problem is a simple one: dude is
batting just .229 with a .302 on-base percentage. That doesn’t get the job done even at his relatively reasonable contract.
But hey, at least Yankees fans can stop beating themselves up over the Nick Johnson signing, right?
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)