May 25, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
I loved Hideki Matsui’s World Series performance. I would love to have a hitter like Hideki Matsui in my lineup. If I did, though, he’d be way down low in the order, just like the Angels are doing with him now:
Hideki Matsui was dropped from the cleanup spot to the fifth spot on May 3, from
fifth to sixth on May 14, and from sixth to seventh Monday night. If
the designated hitter doesn’t snap out of his monthlong slump, he might
be in danger of being dropped from the lineup altogether.
The problem is a simple one: dude is
batting just .229 with a .302 on-base percentage. That doesn’t get the job done even at his relatively reasonable contract.
But hey, at least Yankees fans can stop beating themselves up over the Nick Johnson signing, right?
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)