May 25, 2010, 10:11 PM EDT
According to Mark Zuckerman of Nats Insider, Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said he has decided who to select with the No. 1 overall pick in next month’s First-Year Player Draft, but he isn’t ready to say who that person is.
“We’re not going to announce who it is right now, but we feel we’ve
narrowed it down to one specific person,” Rizzo said.
That specific person is almost certainly Bryce Harper. The 17-year-old phenom put up videogame-like numbers for the College of Southern Nevada during the NJCAA Western District Tournament this past weekend, going 12-for-13 — including four home runs and 10 RBI on Saturday night. As I detailed last Saturday morning, Harper also hit for the cycle on Friday. All in all, not a bad weekend.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)