May 25, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
The Rockies signed Kaz Matsui to a minor league deal yesterday, and will send him to Colorado Springs, assuming he passes the physical.
Matsui — who,as you can see, has some fabulous facial hair — hit a measly 141/.197/.155 in 71 at-bats with the Astros, so it’s not like we can expect a ton of him in Colorado.
In other news, that three-year, $16.5 million contract he signed before the 2008 season is one of the bigger busts in the past couple of years, even at its, generally speaking, moderate size.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 76
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)