May 25, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
The Rockies signed Kaz Matsui to a minor league deal yesterday, and will send him to Colorado Springs, assuming he passes the physical.
Matsui — who,as you can see, has some fabulous facial hair — hit a measly 141/.197/.155 in 71 at-bats with the Astros, so it’s not like we can expect a ton of him in Colorado.
In other news, that three-year, $16.5 million contract he signed before the 2008 season is one of the bigger busts in the past couple of years, even at its, generally speaking, moderate size.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 287
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (287)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)