May 26, 2010, 1:29 PM EST
Andre Ethier was originally presumed to miss up to six weeks. But he took batting practice yesterday and is wearing a special splint and says he could be back as soon as Sunday, the first day he’d be eligible to return following his, um, disabling.
The Dodgers have gone 7-3 without the NL’s batting leader, but I’m sure they’ll be happy to have him back all the same.
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 44
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 8
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 25
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 88
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)