May 26, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
I stumbled across a blog written by a sports communications and PR firm. It’s rather interesting stuff and if I were representing athletes — or, if I was an athlete and wanted to protect my endorsements and stuff — I’d probably take what they had to say very, very seriously.
But I gotta tell ya, if athletes really followed the advice given in posts like this one providing tips on how they should deal with the media, people like me would see something like a 75-80% reduction in bloggable material.
So, psst!, athletes! Don’t let anyone tell you what to say or how to say it! Be your own man! And remember: it’s all about pride and respect. Everyone’s out to get you! Act accordingly!
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 6
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)