May 26, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
I stumbled across a blog written by a sports communications and PR firm. It’s rather interesting stuff and if I were representing athletes — or, if I was an athlete and wanted to protect my endorsements and stuff — I’d probably take what they had to say very, very seriously.
But I gotta tell ya, if athletes really followed the advice given in posts like this one providing tips on how they should deal with the media, people like me would see something like a 75-80% reduction in bloggable material.
So, psst!, athletes! Don’t let anyone tell you what to say or how to say it! Be your own man! And remember: it’s all about pride and respect. Everyone’s out to get you! Act accordingly!
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)