May 26, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
I stumbled across a blog written by a sports communications and PR firm. It’s rather interesting stuff and if I were representing athletes — or, if I was an athlete and wanted to protect my endorsements and stuff — I’d probably take what they had to say very, very seriously.
But I gotta tell ya, if athletes really followed the advice given in posts like this one providing tips on how they should deal with the media, people like me would see something like a 75-80% reduction in bloggable material.
So, psst!, athletes! Don’t let anyone tell you what to say or how to say it! Be your own man! And remember: it’s all about pride and respect. Everyone’s out to get you! Act accordingly!
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42