May 26, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
I stumbled across a blog written by a sports communications and PR firm. It’s rather interesting stuff and if I were representing athletes — or, if I was an athlete and wanted to protect my endorsements and stuff — I’d probably take what they had to say very, very seriously.
But I gotta tell ya, if athletes really followed the advice given in posts like this one providing tips on how they should deal with the media, people like me would see something like a 75-80% reduction in bloggable material.
So, psst!, athletes! Don’t let anyone tell you what to say or how to say it! Be your own man! And remember: it’s all about pride and respect. Everyone’s out to get you! Act accordingly!
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)