May 26, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
We’ve been hearing rumors of the Nationals giving Stephen Strasburg his major league debut June 4th against the Reds. Early this morning Jon Heyman but the kibosh on that, saying that it has to be later, because the Nats have a 100 major league innings pitched ceiling on him. OK, he knows the agent. That might make sense.
A moment ago, Bill Ladson of MLB.com tweeted that the Nats are “are tentatively planning” to have Strasburg make his Major League debut “against the Bucs at Nationals Park
The Pirates are in Nationals Park June 8th, 9th and 10th. If Strasburg stays on regular rest he’d be ready for the 9th. If they give him an extra day to deal with hype and the media crush and all of that, figure the 10th.
Given the uncertainly, maybe you should just buy tickets to every Nats game in June. Not that the Nats would ever, ever cultivate such uncertainty in order to sell tickets to more than just the game Strasburg actually starts.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 0
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 16
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 50
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 62
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 30
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)