May 26, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
We’ve been hearing rumors of the Nationals giving Stephen Strasburg his major league debut June 4th against the Reds. Early this morning Jon Heyman but the kibosh on that, saying that it has to be later, because the Nats have a 100 major league innings pitched ceiling on him. OK, he knows the agent. That might make sense.
A moment ago, Bill Ladson of MLB.com tweeted that the Nats are “are tentatively planning” to have Strasburg make his Major League debut “against the Bucs at Nationals Park
The Pirates are in Nationals Park June 8th, 9th and 10th. If Strasburg stays on regular rest he’d be ready for the 9th. If they give him an extra day to deal with hype and the media crush and all of that, figure the 10th.
Given the uncertainly, maybe you should just buy tickets to every Nats game in June. Not that the Nats would ever, ever cultivate such uncertainty in order to sell tickets to more than just the game Strasburg actually starts.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)