May 26, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
How do you know Vlad Guerrero is back? He’s back to hitting ridiculously horrible pitches with authority.
Check out the video of his RBI double in the seventh inning from last night’s game against the Royals. It was a sinker inside — way inside — that he just turned on and sent down the leftfield line. Watch it closely: I think there’s a non-trivial chance that, if he doesn’t swing at it, the ball plunks him in the thigh.
Best part: as he comes into second base and thinks about third he is running like Fred Sanford, which is something that never gets old for me.
Oh, and the guy also had two two-run homers last night to finish the evening 3 for 5 with five RBIs, so like, Viva Vlad.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 14
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 4
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)