May 26, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
How do you know Vlad Guerrero is back? He’s back to hitting ridiculously horrible pitches with authority.
Check out the video of his RBI double in the seventh inning from last night’s game against the Royals. It was a sinker inside — way inside — that he just turned on and sent down the leftfield line. Watch it closely: I think there’s a non-trivial chance that, if he doesn’t swing at it, the ball plunks him in the thigh.
Best part: as he comes into second base and thinks about third he is running like Fred Sanford, which is something that never gets old for me.
Oh, and the guy also had two two-run homers last night to finish the evening 3 for 5 with five RBIs, so like, Viva Vlad.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (249)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)