May 26, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
How do you know Vlad Guerrero is back? He’s back to hitting ridiculously horrible pitches with authority.
Check out the video of his RBI double in the seventh inning from last night’s game against the Royals. It was a sinker inside — way inside — that he just turned on and sent down the leftfield line. Watch it closely: I think there’s a non-trivial chance that, if he doesn’t swing at it, the ball plunks him in the thigh.
Best part: as he comes into second base and thinks about third he is running like Fred Sanford, which is something that never gets old for me.
Oh, and the guy also had two two-run homers last night to finish the evening 3 for 5 with five RBIs, so like, Viva Vlad.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 51
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)