May 26, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
How do you know Vlad Guerrero is back? He’s back to hitting ridiculously horrible pitches with authority.
Check out the video of his RBI double in the seventh inning from last night’s game against the Royals. It was a sinker inside — way inside — that he just turned on and sent down the leftfield line. Watch it closely: I think there’s a non-trivial chance that, if he doesn’t swing at it, the ball plunks him in the thigh.
Best part: as he comes into second base and thinks about third he is running like Fred Sanford, which is something that never gets old for me.
Oh, and the guy also had two two-run homers last night to finish the evening 3 for 5 with five RBIs, so like, Viva Vlad.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 22
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)