May 26, 2010, 8:20 AM EST
How do you know Vlad Guerrero is back? He’s back to hitting ridiculously horrible pitches with authority.
Check out the video of his RBI double in the seventh inning from last night’s game against the Royals. It was a sinker inside — way inside — that he just turned on and sent down the leftfield line. Watch it closely: I think there’s a non-trivial chance that, if he doesn’t swing at it, the ball plunks him in the thigh.
Best part: as he comes into second base and thinks about third he is running like Fred Sanford, which is something that never gets old for me.
Oh, and the guy also had two two-run homers last night to finish the evening 3 for 5 with five RBIs, so like, Viva Vlad.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)