May 27, 2010, 10:28 PM EST
Mets outfielder Carlos Beltran has been recovering from knee surgery all season and, according to MLB.com’s Anthony DiComo, isn’t nearly done.
Beltran has yet to resume full baseball activities and Mets general manager Omar Minaya said Thursday that the outfielder will need between six-to-eight weeks of rehab once he’s cleared to do so. In other words, he still has a long, long road ahead. DiComo, in fact, suspects that he won’t be back before the mid-July All-Star break.
Luckily, backup outfielder Angel Pagan has filled in gracefully in center field for the Mets, who are 24-23 and right in the thick of things in the National League East. Pagan is batting .300 with three home runs, 20 RBI and eight stolen bases in 46 games this year.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)