May 27, 2010, 10:28 PM EST
Mets outfielder Carlos Beltran has been recovering from knee surgery all season and, according to MLB.com’s Anthony DiComo, isn’t nearly done.
Beltran has yet to resume full baseball activities and Mets general manager Omar Minaya said Thursday that the outfielder will need between six-to-eight weeks of rehab once he’s cleared to do so. In other words, he still has a long, long road ahead. DiComo, in fact, suspects that he won’t be back before the mid-July All-Star break.
Luckily, backup outfielder Angel Pagan has filled in gracefully in center field for the Mets, who are 24-23 and right in the thick of things in the National League East. Pagan is batting .300 with three home runs, 20 RBI and eight stolen bases in 46 games this year.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)