May 27, 2010, 4:48 PM EDT
Former major leaguer C.J. Nitkowski has a Twitter account, and a few minutes ago he tweeted something interesting:
Watching some daytime MLB. Camera just zoomed in
& didn’t realize it caught a pitcher cheating. Don’t ask me
who/what. Tricks of the trade.
Uh-oh Casey Blake is on to it. TV guys completely
in the dark. I should start my analyst career.
Fun! The reference to Casey Blake must mean that it’s in the Dodgers-Cubs game. It’s unclear from the context if Casey Blake being “on to it” means that he realizes that the opponent is cheating or if it’s his own guy, and Nitkowski doesn’t say.
C’mon C.J.! Spill! I don’t want to have to go back and watch the whole game to find what you saw!
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)