May 27, 2010, 9:20 AM EDT
Rick Chandler of our very own Out of Bounds blog caught up with Dallas Braden last weekend as Mr. Perfect visited his hometown of Stockton to be feted at a Stockton Ports game. Braden had some nice things to say about his hometown. As a guy who hails from a couple of places that aren’t always thought of all that highly, I like to see that kind of pride.
But Braden is definitely more hardcore than I ever well be. For example, I don’t plan on having either “810” or “304” tattooed in Olde English script on my abdomen anytime soon. Click through to see Braden’s, um, pride.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)