May 27, 2010, 9:20 AM EDT
Rick Chandler of our very own Out of Bounds blog caught up with Dallas Braden last weekend as Mr. Perfect visited his hometown of Stockton to be feted at a Stockton Ports game. Braden had some nice things to say about his hometown. As a guy who hails from a couple of places that aren’t always thought of all that highly, I like to see that kind of pride.
But Braden is definitely more hardcore than I ever well be. For example, I don’t plan on having either “810” or “304” tattooed in Olde English script on my abdomen anytime soon. Click through to see Braden’s, um, pride.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 39
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 49
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 72
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 93
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (103)