May 27, 2010, 9:20 AM EDT
Rick Chandler of our very own Out of Bounds blog caught up with Dallas Braden last weekend as Mr. Perfect visited his hometown of Stockton to be feted at a Stockton Ports game. Braden had some nice things to say about his hometown. As a guy who hails from a couple of places that aren’t always thought of all that highly, I like to see that kind of pride.
But Braden is definitely more hardcore than I ever well be. For example, I don’t plan on having either “810” or “304” tattooed in Olde English script on my abdomen anytime soon. Click through to see Braden’s, um, pride.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (90)