For the Phillies fan who has everything

May 27, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT

It’s the Ryan Howard Garden Gnome.  You know you want one. And as soon as you get one, be prepared to be the target of a righteous liberation army.

In other barely-passable Phillies news, Jayson Werth apparently shaved his beard after last night’s game.  We’ll see it the next time he takes the field, but know that before today he looked like this.  Before he had his beard he looked like this.  Methinks the shave was a bad move.

OK, now might be the time to acknowledge that it may be a slow news day in the baseball world. Bring on the day games.

1. tadthebad - May 27, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Hmmm. Improved power, long hair (and occasional beard) to distract from his increasingly large melon…must be a PED user!!!

2. Jeremy - May 27, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Man, that thing looks way too much like a lawn jockey for comfort.

3. Jonny5 - May 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM

He’s probably trying to change the luck by shaving, and that’s one ugly ass Knome.

4. YankeesfanLen - May 27, 2010 at 2:35 PM

The gnome looks like a creative garden centers attempting to get rid of an excess stock of Santa Claus gnomes. Add a bat, insignia on cap, liberal use of paint….no one was buying those damn things before when they would be covered with snow.

5. IdahoMariner - May 27, 2010 at 2:51 PM

no, no Jayson — cut the HAIR, leave the beard alone.

6. The Rabbit - May 27, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Exactly what I thought when I saw it but had to forward this to my brother-in-law, anyway.
    I’ll trade him my Zach bobblehead for the Howard gnome, if he’ll go to the game. I’ll be the only one on my block…OK, the only one in a 1,000 mile radius who has one.
    I’ll put it in my garden next to the flagpole which proudly flies the Vulcan flag.
    recaptcha: watches bonilla (Didn’t want to when he was playing)

Can Angels recoup loss of Richards?
  1. R. Castillo (4947)