May 27, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
ESPN Boston’s Gordon Edes reports that Cowboy Joe West — late of his “if you think I can’t be an even bigger embarrassment than I already am then you seriously understimate me” tour of the Cleveland-Chisox series, will be working the Red Sox-Royals series in Fenway Park this weekend. This a month after he called the Red Sox and Yankees “pathetic” and “embarrassing” due to their pace of play.
Usually you don’t know where umps will be before the games, but we know about West, Edes reports, because “a publicist who lists West as one of his clients and
said that West is ‘available for media interviews and guest
appearances'” in Boston this weekend.
An umpire with a publicist? Methinks that Ozzie Guillen’s claim that West wants to make himself the show has more than a little truth to it.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)