May 27, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
ESPN Boston’s Gordon Edes reports that Cowboy Joe West — late of his “if you think I can’t be an even bigger embarrassment than I already am then you seriously understimate me” tour of the Cleveland-Chisox series, will be working the Red Sox-Royals series in Fenway Park this weekend. This a month after he called the Red Sox and Yankees “pathetic” and “embarrassing” due to their pace of play.
Usually you don’t know where umps will be before the games, but we know about West, Edes reports, because “a publicist who lists West as one of his clients and
said that West is ‘available for media interviews and guest
appearances'” in Boston this weekend.
An umpire with a publicist? Methinks that Ozzie Guillen’s claim that West wants to make himself the show has more than a little truth to it.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 79
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)