May 28, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
A couple of years ago, Albert Pujols hit a ball into the head of Chris Young of the Padres, fracturing his skull. The two of them talked about it at Petco Park on Wednesday, and Chris Jenkins of the San Diego Union-Tribune has a great story about it.
There have already been more than enough for anyone’s tastes, but it’s kind of amazing that more guys aren’t seriously hurt by batted baseballs.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 47
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 34
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)