May 28, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
A couple of years ago, Albert Pujols hit a ball into the head of Chris Young of the Padres, fracturing his skull. The two of them talked about it at Petco Park on Wednesday, and Chris Jenkins of the San Diego Union-Tribune has a great story about it.
There have already been more than enough for anyone’s tastes, but it’s kind of amazing that more guys aren’t seriously hurt by batted baseballs.
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 4
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 50
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)