May 28, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
A couple of years ago, Albert Pujols hit a ball into the head of Chris Young of the Padres, fracturing his skull. The two of them talked about it at Petco Park on Wednesday, and Chris Jenkins of the San Diego Union-Tribune has a great story about it.
There have already been more than enough for anyone’s tastes, but it’s kind of amazing that more guys aren’t seriously hurt by batted baseballs.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)