May 28, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
A couple of years ago, Albert Pujols hit a ball into the head of Chris Young of the Padres, fracturing his skull. The two of them talked about it at Petco Park on Wednesday, and Chris Jenkins of the San Diego Union-Tribune has a great story about it.
There have already been more than enough for anyone’s tastes, but it’s kind of amazing that more guys aren’t seriously hurt by batted baseballs.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 43
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 57
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 45
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)