Carlos Zambrano and Jeff Baker both 'fine' after hospital visits

May 28, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT

Carrie Muskat of MLB.com passes along word that Carlos Zambrano and Jeff Baker are both fine following health scares yesterday.
Zambrano was rushed to the hospital with what the Cubs initially feared was appendicitis, but “is fine and taking grounders at shortstop now” after being diagnosed with simple abdominal pain.
Baker left yesterday’s game with significant vision problems and also wound up in the hospital, but Muskat notes that his “sight is fine now” and he’s been diagnosed with an “ocular migraine.”
Assuming the short hospital stay doesn’t impact his schedule, Zambrano is slated to rejoin the rotation early next week against the Pirates. Baker presumably won’t play today, but it sounds like he’ll avoid the disabled list and any serious problems.

1. Charles Gates - May 28, 2010 at 11:56 AM

‘simple abdominal pain’ = tummy ache
    ‘ocular migraine’ = head ache
    This has to be the most involved alibi for a hangover that I can remember.

2. Alex K - May 28, 2010 at 1:36 PM

I had an ocular migraine a couple months ago, and it’s a really weird thing. Mine started as a little point in the center of my vision that was like a blid spot, and then it grew and moved up and to the right. There were weird zig-zag flashes. It lasted about 10 or som minutes, but I think they can last for a couple hours too.

3. Jonny5 - May 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Bad Goat meat?

4. Paul - May 28, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Exactly, it can really freak you out the first time you get one, if you don’t know what’s happening. It’s definitely a “significant vision problem,” and nothing like a hangover.

5. Rod Cullins - May 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I take it you’ve never had a migraine. Be very glad. Mine leave my vision so bad, I can’t see across the room. Oh, and I don’t drink.

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto