May 28, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Carrie Muskat of MLB.com passes along word that Carlos Zambrano and Jeff Baker are both fine following health scares yesterday.
Zambrano was rushed to the hospital with what the Cubs initially feared was appendicitis, but “is fine and taking grounders at shortstop now” after being diagnosed with simple abdominal pain.
Baker left yesterday’s game with significant vision problems and also wound up in the hospital, but Muskat notes that his “sight is fine now” and he’s been diagnosed with an “ocular migraine.”
Assuming the short hospital stay doesn’t impact his schedule, Zambrano is slated to rejoin the rotation early next week against the Pirates. Baker presumably won’t play today, but it sounds like he’ll avoid the disabled list and any serious problems.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 31
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 91
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (93)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)