May 28, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Carrie Muskat of MLB.com passes along word that Carlos Zambrano and Jeff Baker are both fine following health scares yesterday.
Zambrano was rushed to the hospital with what the Cubs initially feared was appendicitis, but “is fine and taking grounders at shortstop now” after being diagnosed with simple abdominal pain.
Baker left yesterday’s game with significant vision problems and also wound up in the hospital, but Muskat notes that his “sight is fine now” and he’s been diagnosed with an “ocular migraine.”
Assuming the short hospital stay doesn’t impact his schedule, Zambrano is slated to rejoin the rotation early next week against the Pirates. Baker presumably won’t play today, but it sounds like he’ll avoid the disabled list and any serious problems.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 77
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)