May 28, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Carrie Muskat of MLB.com passes along word that Carlos Zambrano and Jeff Baker are both fine following health scares yesterday.
Zambrano was rushed to the hospital with what the Cubs initially feared was appendicitis, but “is fine and taking grounders at shortstop now” after being diagnosed with simple abdominal pain.
Baker left yesterday’s game with significant vision problems and also wound up in the hospital, but Muskat notes that his “sight is fine now” and he’s been diagnosed with an “ocular migraine.”
Assuming the short hospital stay doesn’t impact his schedule, Zambrano is slated to rejoin the rotation early next week against the Pirates. Baker presumably won’t play today, but it sounds like he’ll avoid the disabled list and any serious problems.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 61
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 36
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)