May 28, 2010, 11:43 AM EST
Carrie Muskat of MLB.com passes along word that Carlos Zambrano and Jeff Baker are both fine following health scares yesterday.
Zambrano was rushed to the hospital with what the Cubs initially feared was appendicitis, but “is fine and taking grounders at shortstop now” after being diagnosed with simple abdominal pain.
Baker left yesterday’s game with significant vision problems and also wound up in the hospital, but Muskat notes that his “sight is fine now” and he’s been diagnosed with an “ocular migraine.”
Assuming the short hospital stay doesn’t impact his schedule, Zambrano is slated to rejoin the rotation early next week against the Pirates. Baker presumably won’t play today, but it sounds like he’ll avoid the disabled list and any serious problems.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)