May 28, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Carrie Muskat of MLB.com passes along word that Carlos Zambrano and Jeff Baker are both fine following health scares yesterday.
Zambrano was rushed to the hospital with what the Cubs initially feared was appendicitis, but “is fine and taking grounders at shortstop now” after being diagnosed with simple abdominal pain.
Baker left yesterday’s game with significant vision problems and also wound up in the hospital, but Muskat notes that his “sight is fine now” and he’s been diagnosed with an “ocular migraine.”
Assuming the short hospital stay doesn’t impact his schedule, Zambrano is slated to rejoin the rotation early next week against the Pirates. Baker presumably won’t play today, but it sounds like he’ll avoid the disabled list and any serious problems.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)