May 28, 2010, 7:59 PM EDT
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, left-hander Mark Buehrle and umpire Joe West were all fined an undisclosed amount for their actions during Wednesday’s White Sox-Indians game, a source tells Barry M. Bloom of MLB.com.
West, who was the first-base umpire in the matinee game, ejected Guillen after Buehrle was called for a balk in the second inning. Buehrle was given the boot just one inning later after being called for a second balk and tossing his glove to the ground.
According to the Associated Press, West — who is also the head of the umpires’ union — was already penalized for soliciting the media regarding his infamous comments about the Red Sox and Yankees in April. We’re guessing he’s going to be on his best behavior from here on out. He should be, anyway.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)