May 28, 2010, 7:59 PM EST
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, left-hander Mark Buehrle and umpire Joe West were all fined an undisclosed amount for their actions during Wednesday’s White Sox-Indians game, a source tells Barry M. Bloom of MLB.com.
West, who was the first-base umpire in the matinee game, ejected Guillen after Buehrle was called for a balk in the second inning. Buehrle was given the boot just one inning later after being called for a second balk and tossing his glove to the ground.
According to the Associated Press, West — who is also the head of the umpires’ union — was already penalized for soliciting the media regarding his infamous comments about the Red Sox and Yankees in April. We’re guessing he’s going to be on his best behavior from here on out. He should be, anyway.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)