May 28, 2010, 7:59 PM EDT
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, left-hander Mark Buehrle and umpire Joe West were all fined an undisclosed amount for their actions during Wednesday’s White Sox-Indians game, a source tells Barry M. Bloom of MLB.com.
West, who was the first-base umpire in the matinee game, ejected Guillen after Buehrle was called for a balk in the second inning. Buehrle was given the boot just one inning later after being called for a second balk and tossing his glove to the ground.
According to the Associated Press, West — who is also the head of the umpires’ union — was already penalized for soliciting the media regarding his infamous comments about the Red Sox and Yankees in April. We’re guessing he’s going to be on his best behavior from here on out. He should be, anyway.
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 6
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 32
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 47
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (101)