May 28, 2010, 7:59 PM EST
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, left-hander Mark Buehrle and umpire Joe West were all fined an undisclosed amount for their actions during Wednesday’s White Sox-Indians game, a source tells Barry M. Bloom of MLB.com.
West, who was the first-base umpire in the matinee game, ejected Guillen after Buehrle was called for a balk in the second inning. Buehrle was given the boot just one inning later after being called for a second balk and tossing his glove to the ground.
According to the Associated Press, West — who is also the head of the umpires’ union — was already penalized for soliciting the media regarding his infamous comments about the Red Sox and Yankees in April. We’re guessing he’s going to be on his best behavior from here on out. He should be, anyway.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)