May 28, 2010, 11:13 AM EST
So, how many runs
is that since they took Mick Billmeyer’s binoculars away?
– Jason Weitzel of the Beerleaguer blog, wondering if it isn’t at least possible that the Phillies’ recent offensive phutility isn’t the result of no longer being able to steal the other team’s signs. I fully expect that quote to set off accusations that Beerleaguer is a self-hating Phillies blog.
For what it’s worth, HBT reader Jason Fisher has done the math for us: before Billmeyer was caught with the binoculars the Phillies were scoring 5.44 runs per game. Since he was busted it’s been 3.79 runs a game.
Coincidence? Well, yeah, probably. But I’m sure that won’t stop you Philly guys from freaking out about it.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)