May 28, 2010, 11:13 AM EST
So, how many runs
is that since they took Mick Billmeyer’s binoculars away?
– Jason Weitzel of the Beerleaguer blog, wondering if it isn’t at least possible that the Phillies’ recent offensive phutility isn’t the result of no longer being able to steal the other team’s signs. I fully expect that quote to set off accusations that Beerleaguer is a self-hating Phillies blog.
For what it’s worth, HBT reader Jason Fisher has done the math for us: before Billmeyer was caught with the binoculars the Phillies were scoring 5.44 runs per game. Since he was busted it’s been 3.79 runs a game.
Coincidence? Well, yeah, probably. But I’m sure that won’t stop you Philly guys from freaking out about it.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 44
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 57
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 45
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)