May 28, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
So, how many runs
is that since they took Mick Billmeyer’s binoculars away?
– Jason Weitzel of the Beerleaguer blog, wondering if it isn’t at least possible that the Phillies’ recent offensive phutility isn’t the result of no longer being able to steal the other team’s signs. I fully expect that quote to set off accusations that Beerleaguer is a self-hating Phillies blog.
For what it’s worth, HBT reader Jason Fisher has done the math for us: before Billmeyer was caught with the binoculars the Phillies were scoring 5.44 runs per game. Since he was busted it’s been 3.79 runs a game.
Coincidence? Well, yeah, probably. But I’m sure that won’t stop you Philly guys from freaking out about it.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 47
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)