May 28, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
So, how many runs
is that since they took Mick Billmeyer’s binoculars away?
– Jason Weitzel of the Beerleaguer blog, wondering if it isn’t at least possible that the Phillies’ recent offensive phutility isn’t the result of no longer being able to steal the other team’s signs. I fully expect that quote to set off accusations that Beerleaguer is a self-hating Phillies blog.
For what it’s worth, HBT reader Jason Fisher has done the math for us: before Billmeyer was caught with the binoculars the Phillies were scoring 5.44 runs per game. Since he was busted it’s been 3.79 runs a game.
Coincidence? Well, yeah, probably. But I’m sure that won’t stop you Philly guys from freaking out about it.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (86)